Specimen and requisition requirements
- Minimum of one (1) 2-7 ml EDTA (lavender) tubes, mixed thoroughly by gentle agitation.
- Label specimen with the required minimum information: patient’s last name, first name, PHN or unique identifier and date of collection.
- Complete Requisition (must include):
- Patient’s last name, first name, date of birth and PHN or unique identifier
- Facility name, complete address, phone and fax number
- Phlebotomist ID information
- Date of collection
Request for RHD Genotyping (PDF)
(Electronic Fillable Form)
RHD Genotyping (Frequently Asked Questions) (PDF)
Demande de génotypage RhD (PDF)
(Peut être rempli en ligne)
Recommended Refrigeration 1-10°C.
Submit samples as soon as possible after collection.
Ship in a container that will maintain temperature at ≥1°C.
Select shipping method for container to arrive at Diagnostic Services within 48 hours.
Note: Protect from freezing.
Canadian Blood Services
BC & Yukon Centre
Diagnostic Services Laboratory
4750 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 2N9