Diagnostic Services: Saskatchewan Centre
Diagnostic Services considers certain test results to be “critical values”. These results will be reviewed by the Canadian Blood Services Medical Director and communicated to the requesting facility or physician as soon as possible.
Test Interpretation - Critical Values
- Antibody titre for clinically significant antibody ≥ 16 in maternal sample
- Anti-K is detected in maternal sample
- Significant antibody(ies) has/have been identified and unable to provide crossmatch compatible units
- Significant antibody(ies) has/have been identified and it may be difficult to obtain compatible units in the future
- A hemolytic transfusion reaction is suspected