Circular of Information
The Circular of Information is available to facilities where health care professionals are involved in the preparation and transfusion of human blood and blood components.
The Circular as a whole or in part cannot be considered or interpreted as an expressed or implied warranty of the safety or fitness of the described blood or blood components when used for their intended purpose. Attention to the specific indications for blood components is needed to prevent inappropriate transfusion.
Canadian Blood Services Circular of Information
Current Versions for Download
Note: These documents can be downloaded.
- Red Blood Cells, Leukocytes Reduced (LR)
- Pooled Platelets LR CPD, Apheresis Platelets
- Pooled Platelets Psoralen Treated
- Plasma Components
- Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells (HPC), Cord Blood
- Whole Blood Leukocytes Reduced [Component available for Canadian Military only]
In order to view the most recent version of a document, please clear the cache of your web browser.