Assignment Saving Lives
Official Contest Rules (“Rules”)
Assignment Saving Lives Scholarship Program 2022
- No Purchase or donation necessary: No purchase or donation of any kind is necessary to enter the Assignment Saving Lives Scholarship Program 2022 contest (“Contest”) or to win a prize.
- This Contest is offered by Canadian Blood Services (the “Sponsor”).
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 12:01am Mountain Time, and ends on Monday September 5, 2022 at 11:59pm Mountain Time.
- Pre-Contest Registration Requirements: This Contest is open to residents in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, who are 17 years of age or older who:
- are presently enrolled in a post-secondary education program in Canada, or are presently enrolled in a secondary school in Canada and will be enrolled in a post-secondary education program in Canada by January 31, 2023; and,
- fully complete, and submit to the Sponsor the Canadian Blood Services Contest Registration form (“Registration Form”) on or before July 31st, 2022 at 11:59 pm Mountain Time (“Qualification Date”).
- Sponsor’s employees and immediate family members of the Sponsor’s employees are not eligible to enter.
- Registration Forms received after the Qualification Date will not be accepted.
- Entrants who meet the Pre-Contest Registration Requirements (“Entrants”) will be given access to recruitment support documents to assist them in recruiting potential donors. These documents cannot be altered and cannot be used or distributed for any purpose other than recruitment.
- To be eligible to participate,
- Entrants must return to the Sponsor on or before their scheduled orientation/training session a signed Parental Consent form if the Entrant is under 18 years of age; and
- Entrants must attend a scheduled orientation session.
- Contest Eligibility: In order to be eligible to participate in the draw for a prize, Entrants must, during the Contest Period, recruit a minimum of 10 unique blood, plasma, or platelet donors, (“Donor Recruits”) using the Entrant’s unique Partner for Life ID, to book and attend an appointment. Donor Recruits must meet basic blood donor eligibility criteria established by the Sponsor, including the minimum age for blood donation. No donation is required.
- Only one Entrant will be credited for recruiting any specific individual Donor Recruit. If a Donor Recruit’s name appears on two or more Entrant recruitment lists, a credit will be given to the Entrant who first presents the Donor Recruit’s name to the Sponsor. In case of any dispute, the Sponsor’s decision on the Entrant to be credited with the recruitment of the Donor Recruit is final and binding on all Entrants. Entrants can register themselves.
- Entrants must not intentionally misinform or mislead the individuals that they are recruiting about the Contest. Entrants must advise the individuals that they recruit that no purchase or donation of any kind is required for the purposes of the Contest. Any behavior contrary to these Rules may result in the Entrant’s disqualification from the Contest or forfeiture of a prize if awarded.
- Prizes: All Entrants who successfully collect a minimum of 10 Donor Recruits who book and attend an appointment under your unique Partners for Life tracking code will be entered into a random draw for a prize at the end of the Contest Period (“Entry”). For every additional five (5) Donor Recruits who book and attend their appointment, the Entrant will receive an additional entry into the random draw.
- In total, thirty (30) scholarships and prizes (“Scholarships” and “Prizes”) will be awarded as follows, with Scholarships based on residency during the Contest Period:
- Three (3) Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each for the qualified Entrant that has the most Donor Recruits who book and attend their appointment during the Contest Period. Prizes will be allocated on a regional basis, one (1) for Entrants in Alberta, one (1) for Entrants in Manitoba, and one (1) for Entrants in Saskatchewan.
- Three (3) Scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each for the qualified Entrant that has the second most Donor Recruits who book and attend their blood donation appointment during the Contest Period. Prizes will be allocated on a regional basis, one (1) for Entrants in Alberta, one (1) for Entrants in Manitoba, and one (1) for Entrants in Saskatchewan.
- Twenty-one (21) Prizes in the amount of $750 will be awarded by random draw from the remaining eligible Entries in Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. Seven (7) Prizes will be awarded by random draw in each province from the remaining eligible Entries in that province.
- Three (3) Prizes in the amount of $1000 each will be awarded to the qualified Entrant that has the most New Donor Recruits who book and attend their appointment during the Contest Period. Prizes will be allocated on a regional basis, one (1) for Entrants in Alberta, one (1) for Entrants in Manitoba, and one (1) for Entrants in Saskatchewan. Random draw winners are ineligible to win the New Donor Recruits prize. First and Second Donor Recruit prize winners are eligible for the New Donor Recruits prize.
- The Scholarships and Prizes may be only used to defray the cost of a post-secondary program at any Canadian post-secondary college or Canadian university. Scholarships and Prizes must be accepted as awarded by the winner and are not transferable.
- The selection and notification of prospective winners of the Scholarships and Prizes is scheduled to take place after September 5, 2022 (“Draw”).
- All selected Entrants will be contacted via email at the email indicated on the Registration Form.
- The chances of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received by the end of the Contest Period. All selected Entrants must correctly answer, without assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question before they can be declared a winner.
- Only one (1) Prize or Scholarship may be awarded to each Entrant (not including New Donor prize or scholarship) If a selected Entrant is eligible for more than one Prize and/or Scholarship, the Sponsor will determine which Scholarship or Prize the Entrant receives.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize or Scholarship if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any other Entrants, potential Donor Recruits or the Sponsor’s representatives. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant failing to comply with the Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- An Entrant will not be declared a winner unless duly authorized representatives of the Sponsor have reviewed and approved the Entry and the Entrant has signed and returned the Affidavit of Eligibility/Standard Declaration and Release. By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to comply fully with the Rules, and, for each winning Entrant, to the use of their name, image, photograph, voice, sobriquet, place of residence and/or statement regarding the Prize or Bursary for advertising, promotion or publicity purposes, or for general news, entertainment and information purposes, without compensation.
- The winner (or the winner’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if the winner is a minor) must return, within seven (7) calendar days (via email to your Sponsor representative) of the Draw, an executed copy of the Affidavit of Eligibility/Standard Declaration and Release that will be provided upon selection. The winner (or the winner’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if the winner is a minor) must sign a document releasing and indemnifying the Sponsor and each of its respective co-sponsors, affiliates, members, directors, independent advertising agencies from any liability in connection with the Prizes, Scholarships, or the Contest.
- If a prospective winner decides to not pursue a post-secondary education program at any Canadian post-secondary college or Canadian university or is not enrolled in a post-secondary education program at any Canadian post-secondary college or Canadian university by January 31, 2023, the prospective winner forfeits the Scholarship or Prize. No alternate or substitute Bursary or Prize will be awarded. The Sponsor will then reapply the funds to future bursaries or prizes.
- All Scholarships and Prizes will be paid directly to the Canadian post-secondary college or Canadian university selected by the prospective winner. Where applicable, the Scholarship or Prize will be held in trust, without interest, for the prospective winner until he or she graduates from secondary school and/or is enrolled in a post-secondary program at any Canadian post-secondary college or Canadian university, for a period not to exceed January 31, 2023. If the prospective winner is not enrolled by January 31, 2023, the Sponsor will then reapply the funds to future bursaries or prizes.
- If a prospective winner, or winner, of a Scholarship or Prize is disqualified for any reason, cannot be contacted by the email provided, is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question or fails to return to the Sponsor the Affidavit of Eligibility/Standard Declaration and Release within the time period required, the prospective winner or winner forfeits the Bursary or Prize with no liability to the Sponsor. The Scholarship or Prize will be awarded to an alternate Entrant by random draw from among all remaining entries received by the end of the Contest Period following the process set out above.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest in whole or in part.
- This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. All decisions made by the Sponsor are final.