Taste of Edmonton Jellybean Contest
Official Contest Rules (“Rules”)
- The first prize will be a ‘Taste of Edmonton’ gift package, valued at $310.
- The second prize will be a ‘Taste of YEGDT’ gift package, valued at $260.
- The third prize will be a ‘Groceries on us’ gift package, valued at $100.
Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, prizes are not transferable and may not be substituted or converted to cash.
HOW YOU COULD WIN:
- Contest Period: The contest begins 2022-07-22 at 12:01 AM Mountain Time and ends 2022-07-28 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
- The contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority, except residents of the Province of Quebec
- All prospective winners must correctly answer, without assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question prior to being declared a winner. All Entries must be received by 2022-07-28 11:59:00 PM Mountain Time.
- Eligible Entry: Enter by completing all entry information requested on the submission form. Submissions may be made using a physical Entrance form, or online Entrance form accessible via QR code. Physical Entrance forms and QR codes will be made available at the contest booth. Entrants must, during the contest period, guess how many blood and plasma units were collected in Edmonton, Alberta in 2021. Entrants must input their numerical guess on the submission form. A visual aid, in the form of a jellybean jar, will be made available to participants at the Entrance Booth to assist in the guess. The number of jellybeans in the jar, multiplied by 100, is the approximate number of blood and plasma units donated in Edmonton in 2021. Participants will be made aware of this multiplication requirement.
- Date winners are announced: 2022-08-11 at 1:00 PM Mountain Time.
- Selection of Winners:
- Subject to clause (c), the first prize winner of the contest is the eligible Entrant who guesses the correct, or closest to the correct, number of blood and plasma units collected in Edmonton, Alberta in 2021.
- Subject to clause (c), the second and third prize winners of the contest are the eligible Entrants whose guesses are, respectfully the second and third closest to the correct number of blood and plasma units collected in Edmonton, Alberta in 2021.
- Where two or more guesses are correct, or equidistant to the correct number, the Entrants who submitted those guesses will be entered into a ‘winners pool.’ The Entrants’ names will be selected by random draw from the ‘winners pool.’ Prizes will be assigned by order of name drawn.
- If a selected winner answers the mathematical skill-testing question incorrectly, the Entry will be void and another winner be selected in accordance with the Selection of Winners. If the winning contestant cannot be reached within three (3) business days, the prize will be forfeited to the runner-up, subject to clause (c).
- Prizes must be picked up at the local Canadian Blood Services blood donor centre, where applicable. E-prizes will be delivered to Entrants’ email, using the email address provided.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received by the contest close date.
- NO DONATION NECESSARY. Limit one Entry per person. Limit one prize per Entrant. Void where prohibited or restricted and subject to all applicable laws.