- Jordan A, Chen D, Yi Q-L, Kanias T, Gladwin MT, Acker JP: Using blood bank quality control data to analyse manufacturing and donor variability. Vox Sang 2015; In Press.
- Acker JP, Hansen AL, Yi Q-L, Sondi N, Csert-Gazdewich C, Pendergast J, Hannach B: Introduction of a closed system cell processor: Post-implementation monitoring of safety and efficacy. Transfusion 2016; doi: 10.1111/trf.13341 [Epub ahead of print].
- Acker JP: ResearchUnit: Bath time for blood cells: improving the red blood cell washing process. 2015; Transfusionmedicine.ca website.
- Hansen AL, Kurach JD, Turner TR, Jenkins C, Busch MP, Norris PJ, Dugger J, Tomasulo PA, Devine DV, Acker JP: The effect of processing method on the in vitro characteristics of red blood cell products. Vox Sang 2015; 108:350-358.
- Acker JP, Hansen AL, Kurach JD, Turner TR, Croteau I, Jenkins C: A quality monitoring program for red blood cell components: in vitro quality indicators before and after implementation of semi-automated processing. Transfusion 2014; 54: 2534-2543.
- Acker JP: ResearchUnit: Red cell irradiation - time for a change? 2014; Blood.ca website.
- Acker JP: ResearchUnit: How do Special Forces Operations access quality blood products for military personnel? 2014; Blood.ca website.
- Serrano K, Chen D, Hansen AL, Levin E, Turner TR, Kurach JD, Acker JP, Devine DV: The effect of timing of gamma-irradiation on hemolysis and potassium release in leukoreduced red cell concentrates stored in SAGM.Vox Sang 2013; 106:379-381.
- Capicciotti CJ, Tchir J, Turner T, Mancini RS, Acker JP, Ben RN: Small Ice Recrystallization Inhibitors Enable Freezing of Human Red Blood Cells with Reduced Glycerol Concentrations. NatSci Rep 2015; 5:9692.
- Stoll C, Holovati JL, Acker JP, Wolkers WF: Synergistic effects of liposomes, trehalose, and hydroxyethyl starch for cryopreservation of human erythrocytes. Biotechnol Prog 2012; 28:364-371.
- Taylor BJ, Howell A, Martin KA, Manage DP, Gordy W, Campbell SD, Lam S, Jin A, Polley SD, Samuel RA, Atrazhev A, Stickel AJ, Birungi J, Mbonye AK, Pilarski LM, Acker JP, Yanow SK: A lab-on-chip for malaria diagnosis and surveillance. Malar J 2014; 13:179-189.
- Manage DP, Lauzon J, Atrazev A, Chavali R, Samuel RA, Chan B, Morrissey YC, Gordy W, Edwards AL, Larison K, Yanow SK, Acker JP, Zahariadis G, Pilarski LM: An enclosed microfluidic solid gel amplification chip for platform molecular diagnostics. Lab on a Chip 2013; 13:2576-2584.
Click to see Leadership Roles
|January 2016 - Current||President, International Society for Cryobiology|
|September 2013 - Current|
|July 2013 - Current||Member, Editorial Board, Transfusion Medicine and Hemotherapy|
|2012||Queen Elisabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal – This commemorative medal was created to mark the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada. The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal is “to honour significant contributions and achievements by Canadians” and was awarded to Dr. Acker to recognize his contributions to blood transfusion and blood safety through his research|
|January 2009 - Current||Member, Editorial Board, Biopreservation and Biobanking|
|January 2008 - Current||Member, Editorial Board, CryoLetters|
|January 2004 - Current||Member, Editorial Board, Cryobiology|