OneMatch Community Events PDF
Get Swabbed 2013
‘Get Swabbed!’ Campaign 2013 marks the 4th annual event where university, college and high school students across the country will be bracing their cheeks to see who will be this year’s national champion!
‘Get Swabbed!’ is an annual coast-to-coast campaign designed to engage and recruit young and diverse potential stem cell donors. Recruiting young and diverse, specifically, male donors is pivotal to OneMatch efforts to serve patients more effectively by building an ‘optimal’ stem cell Network in Canada.
Last year twenty six universities, 28 colleges and 50 high schools participated and over 12, 100 young and ethnically diverse students joined OneMatch. This overwhelming success has inspired more schools to join the campaign this year.
‘Get Swabbed!’ is managed by student champions all the way from coordination, to promotion and eventual implementation. As with all our community partners, OneMatch will work side-by-side with team champions and members towards a successful 2013 challenge.
Who? All Canadian universities, colleges and high schools are invited to participate
What? A coast to coast campaign to register as many young, committed donors with a focus on diversity and young males
Where? On campus
When? The campaign launches on September 26
How? Sign up to register your school today at onematch.ca or call 1 888 2 DONATE
If you are interested in being part of this challenge or if you need more info, please contact your local OneMatch representative below:
- Anika McDonald - West Canada (BC) T: (604) 707-3568, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassandra DeLuca - West Canada (MB, AB, SK) T: (780) 702-8668, email:email@example.com
- Lilet Raffinan - Southern Ontario T: (905) 494-5242
- Sharr Cairns – Southern Ontario, Newfoundland T: (905) 304-6408, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karolina Chelminiak – Central Ontario T: (905) 866-3097 email:email@example.com
- Hailu Mulatu - Central Ontario, Nova Scotia T: (416)313-4404
- Jessica Stergiou - North/Eastern Ontario, New Brunswick, PEI, T: (613)560-7204