Sample / Requisition Acceptance Criteria
Diagnostic Services: BC & Yukon Centre
Canadian Blood Services, BC & Yukon Centre - Diagnostic Services Laboratory reserves the right to refuse samples that do not meet minimum standards.
References: Canadian Standards Association CAN/CSA-Z902-10, February 2010 and Canadian Society for Transfusion Medicine, Standards for Hospital Transfusion Services, Version 3, February 2011, AABB Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, 27th Edition, May 2011.
Minimum Sample / Requisition Labelling Requirements
- Patient last and first name (key identifier)
- PHN - Personal Health Number (key identifier) or other unique identification
- Date of birth
- Date of sample collection
Sample / Requisition Labelling Rejections
- Unlabelled sample or requisition
- Mislabelled sample or requisition
- Requisition and sample labelling mismatch or missing key identifiers (Name, PHN or other unique identification)
- Missing date of sample collection
Packing / Shipping Samples Instructions