Client Support Analyst II
Join Canada's Lifeline!
We’re seeking four level II Client Support Analyst's to join our team in Ottawa.
In this role, you will work with the National Service Desk to provide service and support (24/7 365 days per year) for Canadian Blood Services Computer Systems across Canada including desk-side support in all Head Office locations. Service and support also comprise the reception and recording of an Information Technology problem or request, as well as the primary troubleshooting, diagnosis and second level resolution.
- Creates problem ticket and assigns to other support group(s), where applicable.
- Resets passwords on various systems as required.
- Troubleshoots standard hardware, software and connectivity problems reported by users.
- Assists in maintenance and daily optimum operations of the various Canadian Blood Services computer systems across Canada.
- Runs morning check on all (non-regulated) systems and servers across Canadian Blood Services.
- Supports and advises users on the various systems.
- Updates, creates and maintains National Service Desk related databases.
- Evaluates service call or repair needs for hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Builds, configures and arranges shipment across Canada of personal computers and laptops.
- Provides Service Desk Level II support for systems throughout Canadian Blood Services. This includes recommending new standards, supporting and administering Canadian Blood Services’ infrastructure.
- Installs, configures and manages Network Printers and multi-function devices.
- Account maintenance within Microsoft Active Directory and eProgesa.
- Provides user training on IT related procedures, as required.
- Assists in building National Service Desk procedures and knowledge base.
- Produces reports and recommendations on Canadian Blood Services IT, as required.
- Assist with IT Asset disposal process.
- Assist in project work not related to answering Service Desk hotline.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably a Community College Diploma in computer systems or end user applications.
- Minimum two years of related experience with some experience in a technical support role, including Service Desk, troubleshooting software, and printing access.
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills and communication skills in English are essential.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) designation is desirable.
- A+ Certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of Windows, Servers, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Office 365 and general network and Internet principles is mandatory.
- Ability and desire to learn new IT skills.
- Ability to set own work priorities is essential and work with minimal supervision.
Why should you apply?
- Competitive base salary range of $52,000 - 60,000
- Up to 5% annual bonus
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Comprehensive group health, dental & vision benefits
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
- Flexible remote working schedule
- Collaborative team environment
- Excellent growth and professional advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.