Strategic Philanthropy Lead, Individual and Corporate Giving
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Strategic Philanthropy Lead, Individual and Corporate Giving to join our dynamic team, on a Temporary Full-Time 14-month contract. In this role, you will be responsible for securing financial support to the organization through the establishment, growth and maintenance of philanthropic donor relationships . You will proactively develop and manage strategic relationships with individuals, corporations, associations and foundations on behalf of the organization, which will result in increased financial support, thereby enabling the organization to deliver on its strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated fundraising and development program to drive acquisition and incremental growth through mid-level and major gifts, corporate partnerships/sponsorships, and in-kind donations.
- Securing support for the organization through solicitation of major gifts ($5000 and greater) and tailored corporate sponsorships.
- Collaborating with the philanthropy team to manage all stewardship activities within a portfolio of individual and corporate donors, by leveraging reports through Raiser’s Edge database, tracking gift agreement deliverables, acknowledgements and receipts, and providing regular progress reports to financial supporters. Identifying sources of funding from regional charitable foundations, researching appropriate grant levels and developing proposals to secure funding.
- Ensuring effective management of relationships across the organization, to identify and execute opportunities for collaboration with divisions whose focus is recruitment of blood donors and stem cell recipients.
- Completing a detailed monthly review of revenue and key business indicators against budget to ensure accurate and timely reporting of revenue and expenses.
- University degree in a relevant subject area is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with not-for-profit organization(s) in a fundraising environment with increasing responsibility
- CFRE designation an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Canada Revenue Agency Receipting Guidelines
- Strong writing and communication skills specifically related to the creation of proposals, impact reports and donor stewardship touchpoints
- Strong relationship-building skills, with comfort soliciting and securing financial gifts
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Outlook, MS Teams), with ease working virtually
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software is essential
- Competitive base salary range of $90,000 - $114,000
- Eligible for vacation and benefits in lieu
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.