Manager, Facilities Infrastructure Management & Operations
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity as a Manager, Facilities Infrastructure Management & Operations to join our dynamic team to support the Eastern Region. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the buildings, physical plant, grounds and building equipment are in compliance with internal and external regulations and legislative requirements. You will be responsible for adherence to operating procedures and ensuring competency amongst team members including sub-contracted service providers. You will also ensure that the facilities are maintained and operated in a cost-effective manner while meeting CBS Corporate Facilities quality standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifies training needs, initiates staff development, offers and co-ordinates developmental opportunities through delegation, additional responsibilities and outside training and education.
- Participates in the grievance and problem resolution process, as required while effectively leading conflict management/resolution between individuals and groups.
- Conducts financial variance analysis and identifies opportunities for efficiencies.
Quality Management & Process Improvement:
- Promotes and ensures staff and contractors are compliant with all corporate and regulatory requirements while actively participating in all internal and external audit processes.
- Contributes to the design/development of specific processes, standards, and procedures within the Facilities environment.
Leadership & Team Development:
- Provides strong leadership and actively participates in team meetings to contribute to the creation of a vision/plan for Facilities while promoting collaboration and teamwork.
Build & Maintain Positive Relationships:
- Develop communications strategies, plans, materials, and tools to keep team and stakeholders informed of program objectives, plans, and schedules, etc.
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create partnerships and build strong relationships to achieve CBS’ mandate.
- Post-secondary level education with preference given to Real Estate/Facility Management, RPA, IFMA and CPM certification or equivalent.
- Minimum of five to eight years of related experience in facilities maintenance management of medium to large sized commercial or institutional buildings housing the latest technology including computerized environmental control systems.
- Minimum of five years of managerial experience. Previous experience in a unionized environment would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Direct Digital Controllers, Refrigeration, Air Handling Units, Compressed Air, Fire Alarm, Sprinkler, Security, Hot Water Heater, Water treatment, Pneumatic Control, and Hydronic Systems.
- Previous experience working within an ISO 9000 or GMP environment, preferably within a highly regulated environment, is an asset.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and team building skills are essential.
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills required.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution abilities are required.
- Effective leadership abilities combined with a strong commitment to operating within an integrated multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Flexibility to travel to various sites when required.
- Collaborative team environment
- Competitive salary range of $84,000 – $99,000
- Attractive Merit Eligibility of up to 8%
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive group dental and health benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity, equity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.