Shipper/Receiver – Supply Chain Logistics
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for two Regular Full-Time Shipper/Receivers to join our dynamic Logistics team in Calgary. In this role, you will be responsible for the receiving, storage, re-direction of all incoming courier packages, goods, supplies and specimens into the Centre departments, warehouse and/or laboratories. Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential in this role. Key responsibilities include:
- Receives and inspects products: ensuring accuracy and completeness of paperwork and condition of product
- Processing receipt of products using computerized system (SAP)
- Updates various databases for receipts and returns of inventory items
- Receives all visitors at the rear of the building and receives supplies/packages/blood specimens
- Operates and maintains high bay reach truck, operates pallet jacks and powered pallet jack
- Quality inspection, assessment and documentation of incoming products in accordance with CBS policies and procedures
- Issuing products electronically from inventory to various departments using SAP
- Monitoring stock levels, expiry dates and ordering product as required
- Monitoring temperature-controlled warehouses
- Preparation and distribution of bio-medical waste containers, including completion of documentation required
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Minimum two years related purchasing, inventory and/or warehouse experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and push carts weighing up to 300 lbs
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills in English are essential
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and work independently
- Strong computer literacy is required in MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and inventory databases
- Ability to accurately keep records with attention to detail is required
- Pay range: CUPE 20.91/Hourly
- Paid vacation
- Defined Benefit pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.