SAP Technical Systems Analyst III – ABAP Developer
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Full-Time SAP Technical Systems Analyst III – ABAP Developer to join our dynamic Information Technology (IT) team. The work of an SAP Technical Systems Analyst III – ABAP Developer is integral to Canadian Blood Services’ role as Canada’s Lifeline. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the use and development of SAP in Canadian Blood Services. This includes supporting SAP end users, using SAP information to conduct analysis and resolve user-related issues, modifying existing functionality and developing new capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate requirements, determine recommended solutions and work with client and SAP functional teams to design, develop and execute SAP changes.
- Investigate and stay informed about SAP and associated 3rd party solutions for the business and technical processes supported, including solutions deployed by other blood agencies and related industries.
- Work with SAP functional teams and clients to define requirements for new functionality and identifies new program initiatives or changes requiring SAP development or enhancements.
- Assist in the development of business cases, user requirements, definitions and algorithms in collaboration with the client.
- Actively participate in on-going development, support and continuous improvement of the SAP system and its technical landscape.
- Perform ABAP development and assess level of ABAP development effort based on business requirements and requested changes.
- Troubleshoot and debug ABAP related items, error messages, system dumps.
- Modify existing reports/interfaces including adding fields to SAP custom reports and adding fields to selection criteria on reports.
- Assist with performance and run time improvements in existing programs.
- Apply OSS note(s) when requested by SAP Functional Analyst.
- Conduct SPAU and SPDD analysis for SAP Support Pack or Enhancement Pack implementations.
- Completes necessary testing and documentation of changes.
- Update or review information in Jira.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognised academic institution, preferably a College Diploma or University Degree in Business or Computer Science.
- Five or more years of SAP experience, including 3 years of ABAP development experience.
- Experience working with the following SAP modules and products: HR Pay, FICO, SD, MM, PM, QM, CRM and Ariba.
- At least two years of experience with configuration using IMG.
- Experience using Web Dynpro, Smart Forms, Adobe Forms, SAPscript, Secure File Transfer Protocol, Idocs and Workflow is preferred.
- Experience with UI5 development such as Fiori.
- Experience with user exits, BADI’s and enhancement spots.
- Experience in webservice development using ODATA services.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct business professionally and develop strong working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to translate user requirements to delivered solutions including elements to be delivered by the SAP Functional Analyst.
- Experience with project management practices including both agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Excellent problem analysis, planning and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication and writing skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Competitive base salary range of $72,800 - $86,000
- Annual Performance Award up to 6%
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.