Construction Project Manager
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for two full-time Construction Project Managers to join our dynamic Strategic Facilities team. In this role, you will oversee project execution from inception to closure while managing the project benefits on behalf of the organization. You will ensure that project's objectives are met and actively manage stakeholders. You will lead the planning process, working with internal and external partners, contractors, consultants, and suppliers to develop requirements, budgets, schedule and organize the project from planning to successful delivery.
As the Construction Project Manager, you will provide guidance and oversight on the scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, communication and personnel of construction-related projects including new facilities, renovations, equipment and building services installations from conception through design, construction, commissioning, validation and post occupancy reviews.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business Case Development
- Organization and Governance
- Project Planning
- Project Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- Application of Project and Program Management Methods and Tools
- Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Leadership and Teamwork
- University degree in mechanical, electrical and civil engineering or architecture or relevant related
- A minimum of 5 years of successful construction management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the design, construction or operation and maintenance of building
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Skilled use of computer programs including Project Management, CAD and data bases.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills to influence project outcomes.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent personal and project time management ability.
- Competitive base salary range of $90,000 - $115,000
- Annual Performance Award up to 10%
- Four weeks’ paid vacation
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.