Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Temporary Part-Time Program Clerk to join our dynamic Supply Chain Team in St. John's. In this role you will be responsible for administrative support to all program activities within the Supply Chain Team. You will provide support in accordance with all regulations, standards and good manufacturing practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides support for the Supply Chain and other departments as assigned
- Maintains and distribute departmental matrices, competency lists, controlled documents/binders and annual signature lists
- Provides support for records management including packing/shipping/retrieval of offsite storage records
- Performs timekeeping functions
- Performs other related duties, as required
- Completion of a secondary school program or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of two years of recent, related office or administrative experience
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers within a Windows NT operating system; intermediate skill level required, using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Effective communication in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships
- Excellent customer service skills are critical
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Starting rate: $21.35/Hourly
- Define benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.