Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Temporary Full-time Distribution Supervisor to join their dynamic Distribution team in Vancouver.
The Distribution Department is responsible for the distribution of the blood collected in the BC & Yukon region. This role is responsible for management, execution and evaluation of Distribution activities, ensuring effective and efficient people and process management, in an environment which fully recognizes the benefits of operating in accordance with quality principles. We are a 24/7 operation and this role is responsible for all shifts. The regular working hours of this role are 0830 to 1630 but it is expected that the supervisor also be flexible to work off shift hours to connect with staff and manage processes performed as needed. There is also a rotating on-call component to the position.
- Manages the Distribution staff performing production activities to ensure effective and efficient use of resources in a positive working environment in which staff feel empowered, challenged and engaged. This includes leading your Team in their group and individual professional development, Continuous Improvement and other related activities.
- Performance Management, up to, and including, discipline and hiring/termination of employees.
- Oversees the daily operations of aspects of the Distribution process and is responsible to ensure that processes are performed effectively, efficiently and safely. This includes monitoring component demand, fill rates and other KPIs; communicating with the Production team to adjust production of components as needed.
- At a local level, participates in an integrated supply chain to enable the organization to deliver on the requirements of the Production Plan.
- Provides input to the Production Manager on annual budget for approval in accordance with guidelines.
- Participates in developing business cases for new initiatives in the Capital Planning process.
Canadian Blood Services offers a generous total rewards package including:
- Competitive base salary – non-union Grade 8 (starting at $72,800)
- Annual Performance Award up to 6%
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
This is temporary full-time position, with an expected end date of October 6, 2021. (Note: Term maybe extended to a year or longer).
If you’re interested in making a meaningful difference, then we encourage you to click apply and submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.