Donor Services Representative
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Casual Donor Services Representative to join our dynamic Donor Centre Team in Kelowna. In this role, you will be providing excellent customer service by greeting, confirming appointments and rebooking donors at the Donor Centre – Aptitude in customer service is imperative! Communication skills and ability to cope under pressure are essential to succeed in this role. Key responsibilities include:
- Serves donors and the public attending donor clinics by responding to inquiries and concerns regarding wait times, donation frequency, accommodation of walk-ins, etc. in accordance with defined processes
- Promotes campaigns, challenges and future events to donors and public
- Maintains work area and handles equipment related to appointment management
- Responsible for ABO typing at 'What's Your Type' events. Give key messaging around blood donation and encourage participants to become regular blood donors
- Performs other departmental duties as assigned
- High School diploma. Training and/or education in marketing or customer service would be an asset
- A minimum of two years customer service experience
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn procedures in a regulatory environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Very strong computer skills (MS Office 2010, Word, Excel and Outlook). Proficient telephone etiquette
- Availability to work the varied shifts including some holidays
- Starting rate; $21.39/Hourly
- In lieu of vacation and statutory holidays; 12.6%
- Defined benefits pension plan
- Provided uniforms
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
Work days can include Monday's, Tuesday's, Wednesday's, Saturday's, and one Sunday in November. Shift start and stop times are as follows: 1015-1900, 1045-2000, 0945-1830, 1130-2000, 0830-1700, 0945-1745, 1145-1945, 0845-1645, 1115-1915, 1045-1945, and 1145-1900.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.