Summer Student Recruiter - Toronto
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Temporary Full-Time Summer Student to join our dynamic Donor Relations Team in Toronto, Ontario. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the efforts of diverse donor recruitment at community events. You will source opportunities to raise awareness regarding the importance of donating blood or blood products by booking interested individuals into appointments at upcoming centre or registering individuals to receive further information regarding donation opportunities. You will also work with staff to identifying possible virtual events, activity targets and best practices for event execution. Awareness and promotion of stem cell on-line registration with appropriate target market will also be a requirement of the role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Experience with sales, promotions and/or marketing and dealing with the general public
- Ability to initiate conversation and speak comfortably regarding opportunities to get involved at Canadian Blood Services
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while being flexible
- Strong personal initiative and a passion for the cause
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Some post-secondary education, plus related experience or equivalent combination
- Preference will be given to those with an interest in Sales, Marketing or Public Outreach
- Experience with use of devices such as tablets and laptops
- Experience with use of social media
- Fluency in English
- Second Language is considered an asset
- Starting rate: $14.25/Hourly
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more – not sure if this is available to students?
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save or improve lives.
Summer Student Grant, to be eligible, students must:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Please Note: This position is subject to receipt of a Federal Grant as it is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs programs and the successful incumbent must meet the program requirement.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.