Graphic Designer – Marketing
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to join our dynamic Marketing team in either Toronto or Ottawa.
We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. You will be responsible for the design of social media and web graphics, marketing collateral, event and engagement materials and infographics (as well as whatever else we can dream up).
You should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work to best support our objectives. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running. Applicants with experience leading creative projects and designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Excellent design skills
- Creation of marketing materials and tools
- Brand champion and steward
- Support the maintenance of our online resource library
- Collaborate with various partners across the organization to provide materials, both printed and digital
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Amend final designs to clients’ comments and gain full approval
- Work simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current client workload
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics
- Consult with our marketing, communications and regional donor relations teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our corporate cultures, brand vision and marketing goals
- Develop templated resources in editable formats to support the growing needs of the business
- Some post-secondary secondary education, plus related experience or equivalent combination
- Preference will be given to those with an interest in Marketing, Graphic Design or Business
- Experience using Microsoft Office, preferably O365
- Experience using graphic design tools such as Adobe CC – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Excellent team player
- Phenomenal verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while being flexible
- Strong personal initiative and a passion for the cause
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Competitive base salary range of $59,500 - $66,500
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Full benefits, medical, dental, vision
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.