Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Temporary Part-Time Registered Nurse to join our dynamic Donor Centre team in Ottawa. The work of Registered Nurses is integral to Canadian Blood Services role as Canada’s Lifeline. In this role, you will be working on assisting in the collection of blood and blood products. Key responsibilities include:
- Performing confidential donor screening and provides donor with information, instruction and advice on blood donation
- Ensuring collection equipment and supplies are adequate and in good working order
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of donor during and following collection
- Guiding and assisting donor centre staff and volunteers performing donor and product related activities
- Ensuring that all required documentation is carried out
- Assisting with loading, unloading, carrying, setting up, and dismantling collection equipment and supplies
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nurse program
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Minimum three years nursing experience
- Excellent communication skills in English required
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to work variable shifts – days, evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Regular travel required for this position
- Apheresis an asset
- Payments in lieu of vacation, holidays and benefits
- Option to join the defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.