Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for two Regular Part-Time Drivers to join our dynamic Supply Chain team in Brampton. Our Drivers do so much more than drive. Our drivers work very closely with our Collections team and donors - so an aptitude for customer service is imperative! Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential in this role. Key responsibilities include:
- Operating and maintaining Canadian Blood Services’ vehicles, transporting blood products, supplies, employees, volunteers, donors and equipment
- Receiving, preparing and shipping packaged blood products/specimens
- As a member of the Collections team, you will be setting up and taking down equipment at mobile donor centres
- Understand and comply with all internal safety work instructions and procedures to ensure safety of our products
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A valid vehicle license type D in Ontario and minimum of 24 months professional driving experience within the last
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch push and pull mobile clinic carts
- Physical capability to load and unload and carry heavy clinic equipment and supplies
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Starting rate: $22.63/Hourly
- Payments in lieu for vacation, holidays and benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or benefits pension plan
- Provided uniforms
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.
I have already applied to a position, how do I update my resume for it?
If you have already applied to a position and would like to update your resume, please forward it to HR.RecruitmentCentre@blood.ca and reference the tracking code.