Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We’re seeking a Temporary Part-Time Program Clerk to join our Resource Management team in our Dartmouth/Halifax office.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will be responsible for administrative support to all program activities within the Supply Chain Team. You will provide support in accordance with all regulations, standards and good manufacturing practice.
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians.
- Provides support for the Supply Chain and other departments as assigned
- Maintains and distribute departmental matrices, competency lists, controlled documents/binders and annual signature lists
- Provides support for records management including packing/shipping/retrieval of offsite storage records
- Schedules appointments
- Performs timekeeping functions
- Performs other related duties, as required
- Completion of a secondary school program
- Minimum of two years of recent, related office or administrative experience
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers within a Windows NT operating system; intermediate skill level required, using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Effective communication in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships
- Excellent customer service skills are critical
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
This is a temporary part-time position with an expected end date of September 24, 2021. The anticipated schedule is 5 days per week. 3 days in Dartmouth at John Savage Ave and 2 days in Halifax at Bayers Road. Working 1 in 3 Saturdays. Approximately 26 hours per week. The schedule/hours are subject to change due to operational needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.