Associate Director, Advanced Analytics
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
Together, with donors, recipients, employees, partners and volunteers, we are Canada’s lifeline. Our role is to provide lifesaving products and services in transfusion and transplantation for Canadian patients, and to safeguard Canada's systems of life essentials in blood, plasma, stem cells, and organs and tissues.
About the role:
Reporting to Director, Integrated Supply Chain Business Systems & Analytics, the Associate Director, Advanced Analytics will be primarily responsible for driving the advanced analytics agenda at Canadian Blood Services (CBS), a core capability required to successfully deliver donor relations and supply chain strategies and drive best-in-class integrated supply chain performance. You will also be responsible for leadership and product management of technology and digitalization opportunities for Integrated Supply Chain, including enhancement efforts and new capability analysis.
The focus of this position is to expand advance analytics capabilities, developing market, donor, and supply chain insights based on research, predictive modelling, and prescriptive analytics. It will include seeking new data sources, reports and tools to support better decision making, tracking, implementation and benefits realization of technology and system enhancement projects as they are implemented.
You will develop methodologies and principles to facilitate a best in class reporting and analytics system and process that will measure the performance of transformation projects, ensuring the targets are correct and the indicators represent key success factors.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage Canadian Blood Services’ stakeholder research program, working with key customers to support national donor and marketing insight development to achieve organizational excellence and deepen donor relations.
- Drive advanced analytics capabilities by maintaining an advanced knowledge of emerging technologies, tools and processes that will provide for on-going improvement in the use of data analytics tools incorporate industry best practices in developing and evolving data analytics services.
- Develop, progress, and deliver performance database, and analytics and analytical services solutions across the supply chain; Support corporate performance through metric development and analysis, producing detailed work performance analysis, and through continuous assessment of performance targets.
- Drive collaborative relationships with analytics business partners across the enterprise; a main point of contact for business partners with respect to data and analytics requirements, and system enhancement prioritization from a business perspective
- Champion digital innovation project portfolios; Develop and support a prioritization framework to optimize system and analytics project delivery, and provide visibility to analytics, system, technology enhancement roadmaps
- Identify and drive effective interactions between relevant functional Integrated Supply Chain teams and applicable corporate and regulatory governance bodies and processes; represent the Integrated Supply Chain as required on working groups
- Champion and support the development and continuous improvement of master data management
You will need to have:
- An advanced degree (BSc, MBA or PhD) with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of data analytics, business intelligence, and digital strategy
- A minimum of ten years of experience in data/information management and statistical analysis, report design/layout, and testing/data validation. Experience working directly with medical data and analytics would be an asset
- Strong client interfacing skills and ability to effectively interact with a wide range of teams, service line administrators, strategic planners and senior leaders
- Strong understanding of enterprise systems (e.g. SAP, ETQ, CRM, Ariba, eProgesa), business processes and supply chain practices, including expert level understanding of material and information flow
- Experience implementing enterprise information technology in association with successful critical change management & communication elements; demonstrated passion for data quality / integrity
- Strong change management skills, preparing for and facilitating the implementation of change
- Extensive knowledge of database management, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, web-based technology, working knowledge of VBA and SQL would be an asset
- Experience working with stakeholders in a blood operators’ or health services / manufacturing environment
- Project Management, APICS CPIM, and Agile certifications an asset
- Working theoretical and practical knowledge of data warehousing would be an asset
- Strong communication skills in English are essential. French proficiency would be an asset
You should have a combination of:
- Strong leadership ability and high energy to achieve goals and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated research, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interpret and translate detailed data into relevant information
- Ability to think in a creative and innovative manner and continually evolve with changing business needs and conditions
- Ability to work with technical teams and understand technical details
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal communication and writing skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage cross functional projects, effective collaboration and influencing skills
- The ability to manage competing priorities is required as well as creativity, enthusiasm, flexibility, and a strong commitment to working within a team environment
Why should you apply?
- Competitive base salary range of $104,000 to $132,000
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Comprehensive vacation, group health, dental & vision benefits
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
- Flexible remote working schedule
- Collaborative team environment
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse, and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
The successful incumbent can be located anywhere in Canada; Ottawa is preferred.
This is a temporary position with an expected end date of February 2022, with the possibility of extension.
If you’re interested in making a meaningful difference, then we encourage you to click apply and submit your application.
Please know, we thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.