SAP Business Systems Analyst III – Human Resources & Payroll (HR/Pay)
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
Together, with donors, recipients, employees, partners and volunteers, we are Canada’s lifeline. Our role is to provide lifesaving products and services in transfusion and transplantation for Canadian patients, and to safeguard Canada's systems of life essentials in blood, plasma, stem cells, and organs and tissues.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an SAP Business Systems Analyst III – Human Resources & Payroll (HR/Pay) on a temporary full-time basis to join our Information Technology (IT) division in the Productivity Applications group.
As the SAP Business Analyst you will be responsible for their respective functional area, Human Resources & Payroll, ensuring appropriate levels of integration and information sharing between the team members in IT. Also, you will be responsible for supporting the use of SAP and its various platforms at Canadian Blood Services such as Employee Self Service and Fiori mobile services. This includes supporting SAP end users, using SAP information to conduct analysis, resolving user-related issues, modifying existing SAP functionality and adding new capabilities.
- Analyzes SAP end-user requests, identifies potential solution(s) and completes/directs resolution
- Provides resolution for unexpected transaction results, master data and reporting issues
- Works with the SAP Enterprise Technical team members to provide functional and SAP advice for resolution of technical issues including OSS notes
- Works with clients to gather and define requirements for new functionality regarding the design, configuration and use of SAP forms, reports, and mobile apps
- Implements changes including demos of the enhancements
- Develops documentation for change request and new functionality as per requirements (includes IMG documentation, quick reference material, security role changes, knowledge transfer material, to-be process, rollout steps)
- Develops test plans and scripts, and documents expected and actual test results
- Ensures that regulated systems and documentation meet regulatory compliance standards
- Executes acceptance tasks for SAP system refreshes
- Logs issues with SAP Global Support
- Provides input into upgrades and conducts system testing for their functional area
You will need to have:
- Post-secondary level education in a discipline relevant to the functional area being supported from a recognized academic institution
- At least 4 years’ experience in the functional area to be supported – Human Resources or Payroll
- At least 5 years IT experience supporting SAP HR/Pay module including configuration in a SAP ECC Enhancement Pack 7 environment or greater
- Other related business or IT experience would be an asset
You should have a combination of:
- Strong configuration experience in designated functional area of expertise
- Excellent problem analysis, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using Office 365
- May be required to work occasional evenings or weekends (for cutover activities, deployment of SAP configuration changes or upgrades)
- SAP Portal skills: Configure and administer Netweaver Portal components including iViews, Pages, Worksets, and Roles
- HCM Forms: WebDynpro Floorplan Manager (FPM), Webdynpro ABAP based HCM Forms and Processes including implementation of Basic and Advanced Generic Services, SAP Workflow configuration and administration
- ESS & MSS Skills: Knowledge and hands-on technical experience of ABAP Webdynpro based ESS/MSS configuration including personalization and customization of services
- Fiori skills: Hands-on experience in implementing standard Fiori apps in Hub environment, building Custom Fiori apps and extending standard HCM Fiori application
- Experience working with SAP Web IDE
- Experience in Fiori Launchpad configuration, knowledge of SAP OData services and Netweaver Gateway including maintenance of services and error log monitoring
- Diagnose, isolate and debug Fiori apps and co-ordinate with SAP Global support on fixes
- Reporting: Knowledge of HCM table structures/clusters to generate reports using data browser and SpinifexIT Easy Reporter tool
Why should you apply?
- Competitive base salary range of $84,000 - $99,500
- Up to 8% annual bonus
- 8% vacation in lieu
- 6.5% benefits in lieu
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
- Flexible remote working schedule
- Collaborative team environment
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse, and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
If you’re interested in supporting SAP end users, using SAP information to conduct analysis, resolving user-related issues, modifying existing SAP functionality and adding new capabilities then we encourage you to click apply and submit your application.
Please know, we thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.