Material Handler/Driver-Supply Chain Logistics
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We’re seeking a Regular Part-Time Material Handler/Driver to join our supply chain logistics team!
70% of the Material Handler/Driver’s tasks involves material handling and customer service and 30% involves driving various types of vehicles with product, donors and other team members.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential for this role. Material Handler/Drivers works very closely with various supply chain departments. These departments include production/distribution labs, sample testing lab, quality, and blood donor centre team members.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
We look to our logistics team members to:
- Prepare daily vehicle inspection
- Complete a daily government regulated logbook
- Be familiar with various computer tools and software
- Work hands on with packaged blood products
- Be comfortable frequently working in a team environment
- Set up and takedown equipment at mobile donor centres
- Provide quality customer service
- Minimum 24 months verifiable professional driving experience preferably as a commercial vehicle driver, within the last three years
- Completion of a secondary school program
- Must have a valid Class 4 Drivers License or be willing to obtain such license. Clean drivers abstract within 30 days of application
- Must be able to meet physical requirements to manage extended periods of sitting, kneeling, standing, and walking
- Must be able to load, unload, and carry equipment supplies needed to hold a mobile donor centre
- Must be able to lift 50lbs consecutively as part of your daily duties
- Able to adhere to safety and regulatory standards as we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Understand and use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Centre Operating Procedures (COPs) as a source of information and guidance in the performance of all duties
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within short time lines
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to exercise sound judgement, professionalism and discretion when dealing with others
- Experience working in a regulated environment is an asset
- Attention to detail is a must
Must be available to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings and weekends and stat holidays.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.