Executive Administrative Assistant
Make a meaningful difference every day.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of patients across Canada. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
We're seeking a bright, energetic and resourceful Executive Administrative Assistant to become the new right-hand to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Vice President of Corporate Services (CS). This role is integral to the daily operation of the Finance and Corporate Services (FCS) division. You’ll need to be highly-organized, detail-oriented, passionate about divisional operations, willing to learn and adapt at pace and, ultimately, optimize the day-to-day efforts for our Vice President and Directors.
What your day looks like:
- Prepare correspondence and various documents such as reports, presentations, meeting agendas, and minutes.
- Create and maintain databases, tracking systems, statistical and/or financial tools using spreadsheets.
- Organize and coordinate information, work flow and office activities, resolve administrative problems, create new or improve existing processes and procedures.
- Arrange meetings including event logistics, scheduling appointments, travel arrangements, etc., ensuring smooth operation of the executive’s office and division.
- Regular exposure to confidential information, including contracts, pension related material budgets, employee related matters, financing and business cases, etc.
- Help plan and prepare for pension meetings which includes scheduling meetings, assisting members of the committee access information, and ensuring documentation for meetings is posted appropriately.
- Greet and assist visitors, engaging in conversation that requires an in-depth understanding of the interrelationships of people and functions within the division and company.
- Partnership and collaboration with other Executive Assistants/Administrators.
- Monitor and manage the incoming and outgoing communication, while providing effective customer service to internal and external clients at all levels.
- Process contracts, payroll related tasks: budgets/budgeting, travel expenses, invoices, purchase orders, and/or other financial documents by recording and entering data. Investigate discrepancies as required and monitor expenditures.
- You may train, supervise and/or provide guidance to other administrative support staff as required to maintain and enhance the productive work flow.
You are qualified and have experience in:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a related field.
- Minimum of six years of related office or administrative experience.
- Computer literacy is essential, with advanced proficiency in the following software packages desired: MS Word, Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SAP is also an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative to address issues and resolve problems.
- Exercises independent judgement with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of accounting, facilities and pensions is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of office routines and protocols of corporate programs, policies and practices.
- Communication skills to discuss sensitive and highly confidential information requiring tact and discretion, and to exchange information in English are essential.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to plan and organize concurrent work assignments.
Perks and Benefits:
The position is held at our Head Office in Ottawa. We offer free parking and are within walking distance to the LRT and Ottawa transit system. Your role includes flexible hours with a work from home option. Along with a competitive salary plus a pension plan, health insurance and four weeks’ vacation.
If this role suits you, we invite you to show us why. This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring journey, where you can help make a lifesaving difference every day.
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.