Hospital Liaison Specialist
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
Together, with donors, recipients, employees, partners and volunteers, we are Canada’s lifeline. Our role is to provide lifesaving products and services in transfusion and transplantation for Canadian patients, and to safeguard Canada's systems of life essentials in blood, plasma, stem cells, and organs and tissues.
About the role:
As the Hospital Liaison Specialist you will be responsible for the management of relationships with and the continuous improvement of delivery of service to hospitals within the Northeastern Ontario and Nunavut area.
- Develops and fosters productive relationships with hospital customers, including blood bank technologists, physicians, nurses, risk managers and hospital administrators, and collaborates with hospitals and stakeholders to optimize the utilization of transfusable products and plasma protein products
- Acts as prime liaison between hospitals and Canadian Blood Services (CBS) departments to advance customer satisfaction and ensure that service by CBS is provided in a consistent and integrated manner
- Contributes to the strategic direction of hospital customer service by identifying key service areas requiring development
- Acts as an advocate for hospitals within CBS, ensuring that the requirements of hospitals are considered in all aspects of CBS from strategic and project planning through to day to day business transactions
- Plays a lead role in the promoting the objectives of CBS to provide a safe, secure, and cost effective blood service to the hospital community and other healthcare stakeholders
- Presents and communicates CBS hospital customer service activities to the healthcare community and to relevant stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as required
What we would like you to have:
- Registered Laboratory Technologist (advanced is an asset), or relevant post-secondary level education in a scientific discipline
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in hospital transfusion medicine, supervisory or management experience is an asset
- Experience in a hospital customer service role would be an advantage
- Some experience in blood component manufacturing and experience working in a regulated, GMP environment would be an advantage
- Full membership in a recognized health care/scientific professional association
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a complex environment requiring sound judgment and flexibility
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Effective interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated report and technical writing skills
- Ability to work with a team of high-performance professionals
- Proficiency in computer software including Excel and PowerPoint and database management software such as Cognos
- Strong communication skills in English
Why should you apply?
- Competitive base salary range of $72,000 to $86,000
- Up to 6% annual bonus
- Comprehensive vacation, group health, dental & vision benefits
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
- Flexible remote working schedule
- Collaborative team environment
- Excellent growth and professional advancement opportunities
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse, and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.