Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We’re seeking a Regular Part-Time Registered Nurse to join our team in Saint John!
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will perform assigned duties related to the collection of blood (whole blood, autologous, directed, apheresis blood components), and sample collections as requested at permanent, mobile and satellite sites in a professional and courteous manner.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Performs donor assessment/health screening procedures to determine donor eligibility status
- Performs phlebotomy for whole blood and apheresis, as required
- Provides generalized assistance and support to the Donor Centre department
- Delivers customer service excellence
- Performs other related duties as required
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Registered as a Registered Nurse in New Brunswick
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written required; French is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors and volunteers
- Ability to establish priorities and organize workload
- Strong customer service orientation
- Manual dexterity is a requirement
- Ability to travel to mobile clinics on a regular basis, including overnights
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.