Coordinator, Talent Acquisition - Recruitment Assistant
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
Together, with donors, recipients, employees, partners, and volunteers, we are Canada’s lifeline. Our role is to provide lifesaving products and services in transfusion and transplantation for Canadian patients and to safeguard Canada's systems of life essentials in blood, plasma, stem cells, and organs and tissues.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition, Coordinator to join our team for 6 months. Working remotely, you will support the Talent Acquisition Team and contribute to the team’s overall success by providing a high level of client service and ensuring priorities are met. The role is national in scope and provides coordination, administration , and support to the Talent Acquisition, Supervisor, and eight Talent Acquisition Specialists located across Canada.
- Assists with shortlisting resumes, and scheduling prescreens and interviews.
- Coordinates and tracks the applicant background check process including references and verifications using Mintz Global Screening.
- Responsible for the general Recruitment email inbox; replies to general inquires and flags staff requisitions for the correct Talent Acquisition Specialist in a timely manner.
- Posts positions on external sites, including LinkedIn, Colleges/Universities, Associations, etc.
- Administers online testing as required by hiring managers.
- Takes minutes for the bi-weekly Talent Acquisition meetings.
- Coordinates projects as needed to support the team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of administration experience with 2 years in talent acquisition/recruitment.
- Previous experience with recruitment tools and applicant tracking systems.
- Previous experience within a unionized environment interpreting Collective Agreements would be an asset.
- Previous experience working in and/or providing support to a virtual team.
- Post-secondary level education in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
You should have a combination of:
- Highly developed client service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in using MS Office Suite.
- Full understanding of the recruitment steps in areas such as:
- conducting intake sessions with hiring managers
- posting positions
- shortlisting applicants
- pre-employment screening process
- presenting applicants to hiring managers
- setting up interviews
- coaching hiring managers/interview training guides
- completing references/background checks
- confirming start dates and salary
- creating offer letters
Hourly Rate $26.82 to $29.95
Canadian Blood Services offers a generous total rewards package including:
- Generous vacation allotment
- Comprehensive Group Health & Dental Benefits
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit Pension Plan
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse, and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs, and tissues.
If you’re interested in making a meaningful difference, then we encourage you to click apply and submit your application.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.