Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We are currently seeking a Regular Part-Time Registered Nurse to join our Supply Chain team in Ottawa.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will perform assigned duties to assist in the collection of blood and blood products.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Performs confidential donor screening and provides donor with information, instruction and advice on blood donation
- Ensures collection equipment and supplies are adequate and in good working order
- Ensures the safety and comfort of donor during and following collection
- Guides and assists clinic staff and volunteers performing donor and product related activities
- Ensures that all required documentation is carried out
- Assists with loading, unloading, carrying, setting up, and dismantling collection equipment and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nurse program
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Minimum three years nursing experience
- Excellent communication skills in English required
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to work variable shifts – days, evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Regular travel required for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.