Donor Centre Manager
Join Canada’s lifeline
We’re seeking a Donor Centre Manager to join our team in Winnipeg.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role, you will plan, organize, direct and manage Blood Collections functions in your assigned area of responsibility, ensuring a focus on excellent customer service. You will maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and Canadian Blood Services (CBS) policies, procedures and practices, in order to meet the overall regional and corporate objectives. You will be an active participant of the regional Management teams.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Evaluates, plans and ensures allocation of an appropriate number of trained, competent staff and supplies/equipment at blood collection donation events and to ensure donor care and excellent customer service are provided.
- Supports and assists direct reports to resolve performance issues and provide support for disciplinary action and follow-up.
- Prepares and administers the local staffing and supply budgets to ensure fiscally responsible spending and achievement of target for all collection programs; identifies opportunities for efficiencies.
- Develop efficient schedules, review performance and make adjustments to help ensure collection targets/hospital demand is met in the most cost-effective manner.
- Assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of operations by periodically attending donation events as well as through the analysis of data to continuously improve staffing models, donor flow and collection processes, while maintaining customer service.
- Ensures that donor experience excellence is supported as a priority; implements appropriate strategies to improve customer service as needed.
- Coaches direct reports in continuous quality improvement and implementation of best practice standards.
- Liaises with the Quality Assurance department to promote and implement a continuous quality improvement cycle.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports in effective problem solving, conflict resolution and other leadership skills.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork inter and intra departmentally in order to facilitate open communication, effective planning, problem solving and the achievement of required outcomes.
- Plans, leads/facilitates discussion, information sharing and problem resolution with front line staff through regular communication with direct reports and active participation in staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- A university degree in a relevant health care or business-related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent related supervisory/management/leadership experience.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle, with the ability to travel from site to site, is required.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and team building skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English are essential.
- Proven planning, time management, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience in program management, and human resource management in a unionized environment is required.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution abilities are required.
- Financial management, including budget creation and variance analysis is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Experience with clinic management is an asset.
- Experience in a Quality Management environment is an asset.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office applications is an asset.
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Why should you apply?
- Competitive base salary range starting at $90,000
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- 4 weeks annual vacation to start
- Comprehensive group health, dental & vision benefits
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
- Collaborative team environment
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.