Donor Services Representative
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We are currently seeking a Regular Part-Time Donor Services Representative to join our Clinic Services team in St. John's.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will be responsible for greeting donors, confirming appointments and scheduling/re-booking blood donors at the center and mobile events throughout Newfoundland.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Record donor attendance using appointment software.
- Book and re-book donor appointments.
- Respond to donor inquiries.
- Liaise between donors and staff.
- Provide general donation information to donors.
- Run reports as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience in a public health care environment an asset.
- High School Diploma required.
- Excellent communication skills in English required.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- Strong MS Office skills an asset.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, travel with team to donor mobile events, including overnight stays.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at email@example.com.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.