Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We are currently seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our team.
In this role through effective management of supplier relations and procurement at a strategic level, you will obtain the best value for goods and services for the organization in support of Canadian Blood Services’ strategic goals. You are responsible for ensuring the timely and effective procurement of relevant commodity groups and establishing agreements that enable the effectiveness of the Materials Management Buyers activities.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Responsible for Requests for Proposals, contract negotiations, procurement strategic planning and building stronger supplier relations.
- Develops Procurement Strategies that deliver the best value and security of supply for goods and services in support of Canadian Blood Services’ strategic goals.
- Effectively manages Contract Compliance and Supplier Relationships to ensure the requirements of Canadian Blood Services are met.
- Delivers Strategic Procurement activities and services that ensure the procurement needs of the organization are met effectively, efficiently and deliver best value for money.
- Manages supply chain risk to mitigate supply disruptions.
- Performs work in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Blood Services’ Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably College Diploma in Business Administration or Material Management.
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional designation, or equivalent, is required.
- A minimum of five years of procurement experience, including a minimum of three years of negotiation, contract management and competitive bidding experience, preferably in a GMP or other regulated environment.
- Knowledge in the medical supplies or pharmaceutical industry are a definite asset.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Demonstrated Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A detailed knowledge of the principles of procurement as they relate to RFP process and specification development.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred), Excel and MS Word are definite assets.
- Proven techniques in procurement strategy development, contract management, negotiating, consulting, cost-benefit analysis, market research and managing the Request for Proposal Process.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Project management skills are an asset.
Why should you apply?
- Competitive base salary range of $63,000 - $75,000
- Up to 6% annual bonus
- 4 weeks annual vacation
- Comprehensive group health, dental & vision benefits
- Choice of Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit pension plan
- Flexible work-from-home schedule
- Collaborative team environment
- Excellent growth and professional advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse, and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Questions and Answers
Is my application secure?
Canadian Blood Services uses a third-party applicant tracking system hosted by SilkRoad. SilkRoad may access the information submitted to the applicant tracking system in order to provide support to Canadian Blood Services. Only Canadian Blood Services, SilkRoad, and the applicant have access to information submitted by the applicant to the applicant tracking system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a posting or the submission process?
If you want to know more about a career with us or how to apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the working language?
The working language at Canadian Blood Services is English. Some positions do have additional language requirements, other than English, and these requirements will be indicated on the job posting. Fluency in English is a bona fide occupational requirement for all positions.
It is recommended that resumes be provided in English to ensure maximum visibility by our recruiters. Resumes provided in French will be translated by our internal translation department. Our selection process, including applicant pre-screening and interviews, is in English.