Account Me In!
Official Contest Rules:
HOW TO ENTER:
- The contest begins February 21, 2013 and ends March 31, 2013.
- Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are 17 years of age or older, except residents of the Province of Québec.
- Enter by completing all account information requested. All Entrants must correctly answer, without assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question before they can be declared a winner.
- Online accounts must be created by 24:00 EST March 31, 2013 on www.blood.ca
- Accounts created in accordance with these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) will be eligible for a random draw.
- Draw date: April 5, 2013.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible accounts created by the contest close date.
- NO DONATION NECESSARY. Limit one Account per person. Void where prohibited or restricted and subject to all applicable laws.
There are five (5) 7” Galaxy Tab 2 tablets to be won. Approximate retail value of the prize is $199 each. Prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and may not be substituted or converted to cash
HOW YOU COULD WIN:
A random draw will be made on April 5, 2013 at 14:00 EDT in Ottawa, Ontario from among all Accounts (Entries) created by March 31, 2013 at 24:00 EST. The first five completed eligible Entries selected will represent the winning Entry. Once an eligible Entry is drawn, the contestant must correctly answer, unassisted, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question prior to being declared a winner. If a contestant provides the incorrect answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, the Entry will be void and another Entry will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible Entries. The winning Entrants will be contacted within two (2) business days by telephone at the telephone number indicated on the Entry (Account). If a selected Entrant cannot be reached within three (3) business days at the telephone number provided on the Entry (Account), prize will be forfeited and another Entry will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible Entries. The Entrant will be sent a Release, Publicity Release and Declaration of Compliance with these Rules, and if necessary, Parental Consent Form, which must be completed, signed and returned in the envelope provided before the prize can be awarded. Upon receipt of the completed Release(s) and Declaration, the winner will be contacted to make further arrangements.
- This contest is offered by Canadian Blood Services (the “Sponsor”).
- This contest is open to all residents of Canada, except residents of the Province of Québec, who are 17 years of age or over, excluding employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and person with whom they are domiciled) of the Sponsor and any of its respective co-sponsors, affiliates, independent judging organizations, promotional agencies, any and all contest administrators, broadcast partners and their respective advertising agencies. If a minor wins the prize, it will be awarded to his/her parents or legal guardian(s).
- By entering this contest, each Entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. The Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties, except for the purposes of administering the contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Sponsor should be addressed to: Marketing & Recruitment, Canadian Blood Services, 1800 Alta Vista, Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 4J5 Attention: Account Me In!
- Entries submitted (Accounts created) through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable or mechanically reproduced may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit an Entrant from participating in the contest or winning the prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any other Entrants or the Sponsor’s representatives. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant failing to comply with these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for printing, distribution, technical or production errors, and may terminate the contest, if such errors are discovered, without liability and without notice, at their sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion in whole or in part.
- An Entrant will not be declared a winner unless duly authorized representatives of the Sponsor have reviewed and approved the Entry and the Entrant has signed and returned a Release, Publicity Release and Declaration of Compliance with these Rules. By entering this contest, each Entrant agrees to comply fully with the Rules, and, for each winning Entrant, to the use of his/her name, image, photograph, voice, sobriquet, place of residence and/or statement regarding the Prize for advertising, promotion or publicity purposes, or for general news, entertainment and information purposes, without compensation.
- The winners (or the winner’s parents or legal guardian(s) if the winner is a minor) must return, within two (2) business days (via prepaid courier) of the date of the covering letter accompanying the Declaration, Releases and Consent, an original executed copy of each document, including a current photograph of himself or herself. The winners (or the winner’s parents or legal guardian(s) if the winner is a minor) must sign a document releasing and indemnifying the Sponsor and each of its respective co-sponsors, affiliates, members, directors, independent advertising agencies from any liability in connection with the prize or the contest.
- If a minor wins the prize, it will be awarded to his/her parents or legal guardian(s). Minor must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian.
- ,No substitutions, transfers or cash value of prizes will be allowed except for the Sponsor’s right to substitute prizes of equivalent value in the event of circumstances beyond the Sponsor’s control. Prizes are not transferable.
- This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. Void where prohibited. All decisions made by the Sponsor are final.